Friday, May 16, 2008

This Little Piggy Went to Market ~ TAGS





A few weeks ago I blogged about sharing a booth at a local farmer's market. I was so excited as I had never done anything like this before. Well, this little piggy has been to market two Saturdays so far, and both times it was like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but in reverse.


The first week, I was about two hours late. Hubby was there on time though, to help with the set up. The second week I was even later, and I don't want to talk about it. Hubby was there on time again. He is the most on time person I have ever met. It wasn't that I spent the previous two Friday nights out partying. I spent them being up till 4:00 AM, trying to finish things to take to market, and finish things we needed to ship for our online business. Basically trying to juggle the two.


It's going a bit better this week, as I am accumulating things and processing ideas and trying to work on things throughout the week, a little here and there. My friend Kay is the booth mother (think house mother) and is so patient with my time challenges. And it really does not matter what time I go to bed, I'm not fully awake till late morning. What my body wants to do is go to bed about 3:00 AM and sleep till 11:00 AM. It's the perfect schedule for me, and I awake feeling rested.


The above photo shows a few of the tags I have made. These are my first attempts. So odd that I've never made a tag before.


It was 95 degrees today, and three days ago it was 54 degrees. That is typical for us, these huge swings in temperature. I feel bad for the snow dog. I was trying to hold a couple ice packs on him but he didn't understand or appreciate the gesture. I know you can buy special cooling mats for dogs, but they are ridiculously expensive. At physical therapy I have laid on many a frozen mat and am going to check into that as a hopefully less expensive alternative.

Here is a photo of Juneau at about 4-1/2 months. Then you see him the last time we had a bit of snow. He lost his front leg due to abuse and neglect, shortly before we adopted him. He has gorgeous markings and his "mask" is perfect. Definitely a pure bred dog. Snow dogs are the closest genetically to wolves. The pack mentality and survival traits he displays certainly prove that. And boy can he give you the "stink eye."




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love his mask, looks like a perfect heart. Your first attempt at tags look great!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Juneau is absolutely precious! What a lucky dog to have you as a Mommy!

I am a Night Owl- just like you. I think you are either born an early riser or a Night Owl. Night Owls have more fun!:-) Lori

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

I got to see the cards in person today - the picture does not do justice to how beautiful they are.

I can't believe that Juneau was ever that small!