Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Special Gift


I had a bit of surgery last month. I was blessed with the most incredible, caring surgeon I have ever met. Her name is Toni Storm-Dickerson, but lots of people call her Storm. I made this for her, as a special thank you for caring so much and being so patient with me.

I think these tile creations are a love 'em or hate 'em kinda thing. Definitely kitschy, which normally isn't my style. Yet I had a great time making this (my first) and have already begun work on a second in a ladybug theme. Dr. Storm's nurse told me that the good doctor recently lost her favorite garden gnome. Also that she's a fan of diet Coke with lime. The gnome on the left is holding a little gold angel in his hand. The other pieces were added just because.

My last post-op appointment was scheduled for today. And I overslept - it's been that kind of a week. I no-showed a confirmed appointment, but luckily I am rescheduled for next Tuesday.

I would love to hear what you think of my tile, and if you like it, any ideas for future tiles would be appreciated.

No comments: