Friday, November 28, 2008

A Wonderful Holiday

We had the most fantastic Thanksgiving dinner at Kay's home. She says it is her favorite holiday and that she loves all the cooking. It definitely showed in the incredible meal we enjoyed. Wonderful comfort food! The company was charming and there was laughter everywhere. Her youngest grandson has the cutest laugh I've ever heard. He would make Mr. Scrooge smile.

I have been praying for the family of the man who died at the Wal-Mart store in New York. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the events that occurred. In many cities festival seating is now illegal. I keep hoping that idea will catch on and laws will be enacted to prevent tragedies like the one which happened today.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yes, it is surely a sign of the times, that people would act like animals just to save a buck! My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was involved. Can you imagine if you had just been standing in line and COULDN'T stop for the man because of the people pushing you from behind? To imagine that you had some part in his death, even unwittingly, must be excruiating...