Monday, December 1, 2008

Mom Stuff

Parenting a teenager. I liken it to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, or living with someone who has PMS 360 days of the year. On really bad days it's the Hormonal Highway to Hell. Occasionally I get a good day, a day which makes it all worthwhile. Today was such a day.

My 14 year old son has a new friend, a girl but not a girlfriend. A girl, who is a friend. She lives across the river in Oregon. He came to me tonight and told me she didn't own a Bible. He said "she is a Christian but her parents are not." He had told her to look up a verse and that is when he learned she couldn't. He told her he would send her a Bible. And he/we will. I guess I took for granted that every household had a Bible. I was proud of my son for promising her that she would soon have her very own. He is often about his Father's business - praying for others, trying to help people in any way he can, looking to God for guidance in all areas of his life.

When I think of the fact the Lord choose me to be the mother of this child, I feel both humbled and blessed.

No comments: