Monday, February 16, 2009

Evangelism

When you walk out your front door what do you see? I see a dark and confused world. Rarely do we see someone who does the right thing. There is one thing that can heal us, the love of Jesus Christ. We should, no we must, spread His word throughout our world.

Many people say no to Jesus because they are depressed and don't want to "deal with" God. When in truth it's God that will heal them. We need to try to help these people by being an example of God's love and mercy.

Also many people who are Christians turn away from Jesus because they face a difficulty in their lives such as a death, accident or anything that causes stress. They blame God, and in their anger, turn away. Job Chapter 1 is an example of this situation. We need to show and tell them that things happen in our lives to teach us and make us stronger.

Lastly, people look at Christianity as a set of do's and don'ts, instead of as a religion. People say that following Jesus just takes away freedoms. They need to realize that as followers of Christ we need to surrender the things of this world and take on the things of Christ.

What can we do to help? Our world is dark and will remain dark throughout the end times, there's no stopping that. What we can do is try to make it a little brighter. We, as Christians, need to invade our world and spread Jesus to everyone. With our lives set ablaze by Jesus, we need to spread His love, mercy and grace to mankind.

The above essay was written by my 14 year old son as an English assignment. I am always amazed (and humbled) by the depth of his faith. One strong pillar in this faith has been his education at a private Christian school. If you are a parent with a young child, and you are considering private school - take it from a mom who knows - and DO IT. No matter what material possession(s) you have to give up, what sacrifices you have to make - it is more worth it than I could ever explain. Not only is the word of God the number one priority at my son's school, the education he is receiving is so far ahead of the public schools it really is sad. In 7th grade he tested at 9th and 10th grade levels in every subject.

When I was four months pregnant I heard the voice of God. He told me "this child must be educated in Christian schools." I gave my promise, and in return God has always made a way for us, even when I was a struggling single mother, even now when business is down and the economy is shakey.

Find a way. You will not regret it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes...Wow! Jesus is THE MAN! Kudos to you for following through on the divine guidance you received about him. I know you're very proud of him. God bless!

I'm excited to see your new blog header! xoxo Serena

Sue said...

I am amazed that your son wrote this. WHAT A BLESSING!!!

The ONE desire of my heart is that my daughter comes back to the Lord and lives her life pleasing to Him. You are so blessed...

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

WOW! I am just speechless. The tears are running down my cheeks. Jacob continues to bless my heart with his love for the Lord!! I pray that someday Stephany can find faith like that. Tell Cob "Well done good and faithful servant".