Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 6 - Historical Tour


The tour is staying in Lancaster, PA from now till their return on the 19th. Here is what they did today:

Embassy Row, Washington National Cathedral
Holocaust Museum
Lunch at Ronald Reagan World Trade Center
World War II Memorial
Washington Monument
National Archives
Dinner at Union Station
Night Tour

They left the hotel at 8:00 AM and will return at 9:15 PM. Makes me tired just typing it. But how wonderful to be able to see all those places.

Today I sent some oatmeal cookies and the Juneau photos via priority mail. They will arrive on Monday (trust me, I'm a Powerseller) and I know the boy will appreciate them. He's very good about appreciating things.







I have had my fair share of dogs, but NEVER one who poses the way this one does. He's like a professional model...seriously. I take a picture and he poses a different way. I take a second picture and he re-poses himself. This will continue for as long as the photo shoot lasts. He loves the camera. He also loves making himself comfortable and being right in the middle of everything.

For those who don't know, Juneau's life didn't start off very happy. At the age of two month he was removed from a terrible home. The Humane Society doctors attempted to save his badly broken front leg. In the end the leg was amputated and we adopted him after he had recuperated at a foster home. We are still very close to the couple who gave him such loving care. When I refer to his foster mother or foster parents, these are the people of whom I speak.

Juneau is 3-1/2 now. He has been with us since the age of four months. He does everything a four legged dog does, just some of things he does in a different way. It is difficult to look at his missing leg and not feel anger and sadness. I constantly remind myself that he doesn't feel sorry for himself. He has a great life, and he lives it full speed ahead. He's a special dog. God created him and God led us to him. He has a wonderful life.

No comments: