Sunday, March 22, 2009

I've Come a Long Way (Beanie) Baby

I've had three main jobs in my life. I worked for a police department for 10 years. I worked for a large dental office for 10 years. And I've been selling online for almost 10 years. Am I due for a career change? Nah, I'm happy doing what I'm doing. Every few months I get the hankering to learn a new craft, so I do. Short attention span here.

I just finished putting a few things on eBay. I/we have 1,201 active listings. That's a lot of listings. We also have a web site and are thankful when buyers choose to purchase there. Fees on "the Bay" are sky high. We have some things on eCrater and also on Bonanzle. No wonder it's standing room only in my head. Oh, I almost forgot Etsy. Not doing too well there, but I am determined to keep trying.

Every once in a while I pause to reflect that it all began with....yep, Beanie Babies. I remember the first one I ever sold - an owl, NWT dontcha know. I was thrilled. And I am still thrilled when I sell something and even more thrilled when the person who bought it is happy. That's a very good thing.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Good morning! We have more things in common than our sense of humor, me thinks. I worked for a police department also...actually, it was my favorite job. The reason I left was a long story. Dental office - pediatrics office - 10 years. Online career...I hate to say it because I AM grateful for my job. Does it make me happy? Definitely not. But what ya gonna do...

I never heard of eCrater or Bonanzle. I will have to check it out. A while back I asked if they was a new way to buy on ebay. I should have been more specific. What I meant was, I had heard that you cannot purchase anything there anymore without a paypal account. I really don't want my personal infor splattered over the internet anymore than it already is.

Have a GREAT Sunday!

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Beanie Babies made you the Power Seller that you are today!! It sure was fun on eBay back in the early days. We didn't even put pictures in our listings. Just describe everything really well. How things have changed.