Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let's Go Shopping With Me........

I finally got my coupon binder finished and it accompanied me on today's shopping trip. So much nicer than using a file box. If you are interested, youtube has several great videos on how to make your own coupon binder.

Here is what I purchased:

1 box Kraft mac and cheese
1 pkg. Kellogg's Nutrigrain bars
1 4-pack Dole mixed fruit bowls
1 pkg. Knorr Spanish Rice
1 jar Classico spaghetti sauce
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
1 24-pack diet Coke
1 6 double roll pkg. Angel Soft toilet paper
2 rolls store brand paper towels
1 pkg. 250 count paper napkins
1 pkg. Planter's Nut Bars with 7 gr. protein
1 can sliced peaches
1 loaf Oroweat bread
1 loaf Snake River potato bread
1 6-pack Spring water
1 large pkg. Hershey chocolate eggs
1 6-pack snack size raisins
64 oz. Minute Maid orange juice
5 lbs. butter ($1.00 a lb. so I bought five lbs.)
1 pint 2% milk
2 lb. block Tillamook cheddar cheese
5-1/4 lbs. extra lean ground beef
1 onion
1 pkg. salad mix
1 Sunday paper

TOTAL Spent: $52.65

When I consider the fact that the butter and chocolate eggs together were $10 of the above total, I think I did really well. I have about 10 pounds of butter in my freezer right now as I have been finding it super cheap lately.

I've got some cute birthday gifties to blog about - hopefully tomorrow! My son is leaving in about six hours on an 11 day historical trip with his school. I am thrilled he gets to go. He's been looking forward to it since first grade. But I've been in and out of tears all day. Totally ridiculous and I'm sure quite annoying to both my son and my husband. I guess you have to be a mother to understand.

1 comment:

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Where did you find butter for $1 per pound???