Thursday, April 9, 2009

So.....

...I finally finished my blog header collage. I am happy with how it turned out. My happiness will come at a price though. My mother is going to have a herd of cows when she sees it. The photo at the upper left is my dear Ma-Ma, taken in 1973. WOW, 36 years ago. Geez, 36 years is a long, long, LONG time ago.

I remember the picture was taken in Palm Springs. The pool water was cold and she wasn't prepared. I also remember this trip because my mother took me aside and told me it was time I began to use deodorant every day. I was 12. Just thought I'd share.

I have treasured the photo of Birdmama all these years. Mom has seen the photo from time to time. She always tells me to throw it out. In her mind I keep the photo to tease or mock her. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I keep it because it reminds me of a happy time in my life. And because I think it's adorable.

Please don't be angry Mom.....

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I LOVE the new header!!! And I think the pic of your mom is fun too!...hope she isn't too mad.
I'm going to have to email you to find out how you convinced the header to fit perfectly into the frame like that. I don't really want to post anything on mine because the header is all wonky.

Sue said...

Kim,
I ADORE your new header! It is really cool!!! Tell your Mom, "no worries!" We ALL have old pics of ourselves that we wouldn't want plastered all over blogland. No, WAIT! That probably wouldn't work on her! LOL

Tell your Mama we LOVE her picture and are pretty fond of her daughter as well!

Have a BLESSED Easter weekend...you and all your family!

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Is that our beloved Mama in a zebra striped bathing suit? Wow!