Sunday, May 10, 2009

~ Happy Mother's Day ~

I call this my little Eden. My wonderful hubby created it for me one morning, while I was sleeping! It was/is my Mother's Day gift and it far exceeds anything I expected.

I love the way the flowers look in this shabby chair.

So many plants! You can see one of the hanging lanterns. There are six and they are solar. At night they have the most tranquil glow.

The fountain and the lights beside it are also solar.

The wire fence is just enough to keep one digging doggie away.

Whimsical fairy and butterfly statue - also solar. At night the three butterflies dance inside the globe.

He really did create a masterpiece and it makes me smile every time I see it.

Mother's Day was spent as it should be ~ with a sick kidlet. My son came to me this afternoon and wanted to know the symptoms of Swine Flu. It wasn't funny, except for the fact that in first grade he went to the office just certain he had malaria. I took his temp and it was just over 101, so into bed he went. The aspirin knocked it down but it did come back. Needless to say he will be home tomorrow and we will be watching him closely.

He told me several times how much he appreciated my taking care of him, because it was supposed to be my day. He's a very thankful, grateful kid. I either raised him with way too much guilt, or he's just a nice guy. The other day I told him what I wanted for Mother's Day: 4 coupons good for 15 minutes of massage (we have a hand-held thingamajig), a 3 Musketeers bar and a letter telling me what he liked about me. Yep, I shamelessly asked for a fan letter. And he gave me all three things.

My sweet stepdaughter (she is 20) called to wish me a happy day. She is so good about things like that - never forgets.

And that was my day! Oh yeah, I made a few trips to Albertsons to cash in on the double coupon savings :). How was your day?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Glad you had a beautiful Mother's Day. I love the flowers in that wicker chair. Your hubby did a great job.

I hope your son is feeling better soon.
Blessings,
Mary