Wednesday, June 3, 2009

* The Lord and His Faithfulness *

I have only heard the voice of God one time. It was when I was about three months pregnant with my now 14 year old son. I was sitting in church and God said to me, "This child must be educated in Christian schools." Five months later I was having an emergency C-section to save a baby that logically and medically, should have died inside me.

I could go on and on about the many ways God has made it possible for Jacob to be educated in a Christian environment. I could also go on and on about how this child entered the world with the most incredible faith. It is not often you see a four year old witnessing to adults who are waiting in line at the post office. It is rare for a five year old to chastise an employee at a children's store, because among all the movies available for kids to watch while parents shopped - there were no movies about Jesus.

Fast forward to now and our need to register him for high school. It costs $350 - money we don't have just lying around. My DH peddled our wares at a bazaar last Saturday. He made $31.00, but the booth fee was $20.00. I have been tithing and every time a worry thought came to mind, I would remind myself God would make a way for Jacob. He always has in the past.

Today we received a check from our mortgage company. It was in the amount of $280.00. They had miscalculated how much our property taxes would be for this past year, and were refunding the overpayment. This is the first time in six years we have gotten this kind of payment. Normally they tell us to add another $10 or $15 to the house payment, to cover taxes.

Tuition will be more than we are currently paying, by about $125 a month. I'm not going to think about that now because I know if I continue to keep my promise, God will continue to keep His!

For the longest time Jacob wanted to be an astronaut. I just listened as he discussed his future plans, knowing full well the Lord would redirect him at the appropriate time. Two years ago Jacob came to me and told me the Lord told him he was to be a youth pastor. It wasn't long before he was saying he wanted to attend Multnomah Bible College in Portland. As we begin to open another chapter in this child's life, I am once again awed and humbled at the grace of the Lord.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You are blessed indeed, Kim! How awesome to see your child right in the middle of God's will. What a comfort that must be to you.