Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Full and Grateful Heart ~

My son has just returned from a four day church trip to Seattle. They go every year. The event is called Urban Plunge. These middle and high school students mingle amongst the homeless people and share the gospel with those who will listen.

Last year he strayed off the path, broke from the protocol, and found himself face to face with a man brandishing a knife. This man REALLY did not want to hear about God. Thankfully this trip was a peaceful one. He told me he was able to witness to several people who didn't know the Lord.

Tonight I am grateful for my precious son, and all he teaches me about loving and trusting in the Lord. I am grateful for the pastors who nurture and guide these young souls, keeping them ever mindful that it isn't all about them.

Holy is the Lord

No comments: