Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What I've Learned

I have enjoyed the calm of this past week. I did not realize how immersed I was in the problems of others, until I stepped back. My mother and I talked quite a bit, and she is so wise in so many areas. She reminded me that we all make choices, and where we are today is, for the most part, the result of all our past decisions. My mother has a peaceful, drama free life. She protects that with a vengeance, and now I see why.

I meant well, in trying to help two women in my life. I am married to a godly man, and have a child who is respectful and knows his place. I wanted those things for my friends. Unfortunately that isn't enough, and watching someone put their hand on the same hot stove over and over again is not something I am capable of. I will still worry because that's my nature. I will still pray. I will just do those things from a distance.

No comments: