Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday Night Savings....woo hoo

It's a good thing I sowed all my wild oats in my 20's - otherwise I'd be really bored at this point in my life. I made two trips to Albertsons to take advantage of the General Mills promo (spend $25 and get a $10 Catalina back).

In between those two trips, hubby and I were across the street, spending quality time with our neighbors' dogs (they will return tomorrow). They have Gunnar, who is the sweetest and most mellow yellow Lab and Parker (should be Barker), a toy Australian Shepherd who never stops moving.

Anyway....the items of interest in this GM promo are the Progresso Soups, Chex Mix, Green Giant veggies and last but never least, the Pillsbury products. Note to Mom: I will make many main dish meals using the biscuits and crescents. So in the words of some unknown voice at the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland....."Hereeeee we go....."

21 cans Progresso Soup (very good soup by the way)
3 pkgs Betty Crocker Cookie Mix
3 boxes Hartz tartar control dog biscuits
3 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
3 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
4 lbs. butter
1 pkg Green Giant peas
1 pkg Green Giant broccoli
1 pkg Green Giant spinach
1 roll paper towels
1 pkg store brand toilet paper
1 pkg Mission flour tortillas
1 tub Smart Balance spread
1-1/4 lb pkg beef tip steak
1 pkg Chicken Nuggets
1 pkg Hearts of Romaine salad mix
1 pkg Veggie Lovers salad mix
1-1/2 lbs Dietz & Watson London Broil deli roast beef (this alone was $11.91)

Total Spent: $53.93 plus I came home with a $10.00 Catalina and 2 Catalinas each for a free box of Milk Bone dog treats.

Once again....I ROCK.

No comments: