Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Evergreen State

I'm just about to go to bed, and there is a soft rain falling. That makes the thought of going to bed even better. What a gentle lullaby to send me off to dream land. I love it here. Yes, it rains during the winter months. To my knowledge, no one has melted yet. People have the same reaction when they hear I live in Washington. They crinkle up their nose and/or their voice acquires a disgusted tone. "Oh, all that rain" they say. But when a person from California tells another person where they live, that person doesn't say, "Oh, all that smog." At least I don't think they do.

You can always tell the tourists. They are the ones with the umbrellas. It doesn't pour 24/7. People are not commuting to work in boats. Did you know there are only a handful of states that don't have income tax? And Washington is one of them.

I'm feeling defensive about my state because I talked to a friend earlier today, who is losing her house and needs to move. She is retired and free to go anywhere. I would love for her to move up here. But nooooo.....it rains too much.

Goodnight Blog Land, from the Evergreen State.

1 comment:

Coach said...

Great job, nice blog, now get some sleep!