Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Little Album








Here is a mini album I made for my Mom's BFF ~ Betty. Betty is in her mid-80's but looks 20 years younger. She is as kind and gracious a lady as you'll ever find. Her faith has always been an inspiration to me. Back in the day, when it was just Jacob and I here, things occasionally got a bit dicey, finances wise. Betty would often send me checks so I could pay Jacob's tuition. You never forget a kindness like that.

This was supposed to be in Betty's hands before Thanksgiving. Of course, it wasn't. My intention was to make more tags and do a bit more embellishing, but I wanted her to have it before Christmas! The B on the cover is an old pin, part of one of the lots of costume jewelry I've purchased on eBay. The flower is huge I know. I like it though.

Betty called to say thank you, and hearing the happiness in her voice made my day! Made my week actually. Come to find out her favorite colors are the golds and browns and oranges. I had no idea. Such an awesome feeling to create something and have someone truly love it.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I can see why Betty loved it so much. Soooo pretty.
She sounds like such a sweet and kind women.
About my chocolate turtles, they are so easy. Shhhh keep that to yourself LOL.

Marlene said...

Ok, so I followed you here from Tracy's blog. I got a kick out of some of your comments...you have a great sense of humor - and I love that.

This is a gorgeous project. You're very talented. Keep at it - soon you'll have more followers than you can shake a stick at. :)

Cheers!

CanadianWynn said...

oohh..I am another stalker that crept over from Tracy's Blog!!! (does this make us your fan base now???) LMAO!! I love that mini...what did you use for the foundation??? Paper Bags perchance?? Nice Job!! and I LOVE your humour!!!