Thursday, December 30, 2010

Road Test

Today my baby takes his driving (or is that driver's) test. Yikes. On the one (selfish) hand, it will be nice for him to drive himself to his various social functions. Not to mention back and forth to school. We've never had the luxury of a big yellow bus to transport him. On the other (maternal) hand, this is just another thing for me to worry about. Seems like every time I'm behind the wheel I see at least one, and often more, close calls. People are so distracted these days.

He spent quite a while yesterday, cleaning out the car. He requests no dogs ride in it until after the test. He's a good kid. I know in my bones he will be careful.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I feel your pain. My daughter (21) just got her licence. I was so nervous, but now I am so glad I don't have to drive her back and forth to work everyday. Plus she will take her sister's out when they want to go out :)
It's kind of hard to let them go, even at 21, lol.
Good luck to him:)