Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocolate Eggs


It's Easter candy time. I think the stores put it out at 12:01 am on February 15th. My son and I are fans of the Hershey's chocolate eggs. I mean, we are BIG fans. It's an odd little tradition we have. The day the eggs hit the stores, we are there. Well, I'm there. He is busy enough being 16, so I do the shopping.

I always have a handful of the eggs in my purse. I remember driving, years and years ago, with him in the seat behind me, and I'd put some eggs in the palm of my hand and reach back toward him. His tiny little boy hand would reach out and take the eggs. His hands were always warm, and they still are to this day. This is a precious memory to me.

I think it must be the same chocolate they use in their Kisses, but these eggs just taste different to me. As long as I'm alive Jacob will have eggs, these eggs, as soon as they hit the shelves. He left today for Winter Camp, an event the High School Ministry at church holds every year. And some chocolate eggs went with him :).

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Awwww what a sweet memory.
I love to eat these by scrapping them with my front teeth, teehee.