Sunday, February 13, 2011

Out of the Sick Bed....finally

Hello Blogland, I have missed you so.

I caught some kind of stomach flu and was in bed for most of five days straight. Then just when I was feeling better, it appeared a head cold was going to get the best of me. I seem to have chased the head cold away, and today was the first day I felt semi-good and semi-normal.

I haven't read blogs or watched youtube videos. Mostly what I've done is watch Seasons 1 and 2 of M*A*S*H, which I have on DVD. Oh, and I read a few of my vintage cookbooks.

So today, I took the hubs out to lunch at Olive Garden, his favorite restaurant. We were enjoying our meal when the woman at the table across from us blew her nose into her thick green Olive Garden CLOTH napkin. Oh my gosh, how disgusting is that? I cannot believe someone could be so rude. Nasty.

When she and her party finally left, I watched the bus boy clear the table, and take her napkin and use it to gather all the crumbs into a pile. Then he took a wet rag and wiped it across the table. I'm sure my recent illness has made me hyper aware of germs. I'm also sure it's a good thing germs cannot be seen with the naked eye.

I was so tempted to walk right up and give this "lady" a lesson in manners. But, I didn't. Would you have told her?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

We went out for lunch today, good thing I read this AFTER the fact. Gross.
I always go to the bathroom to blow or wipe my nose during a meal. Cringe.
I am the type of person that can just feel those little micro germs growing.
I would probably not have said anything to her.