Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Recipe to Share

I made this dip/dressing last night. It is deeeelicious. The recipe came from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. Cannot locate a publication date, but my guess is late 50's or early 60's.

Confetti Dairy Dressing

1 cup dairy sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup radishes
1/4 cup minced cucumber
1/4 cup minced green pepper*
1 clove garlic, minced**

Blend sour cream, mayo, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in minced vegetables. Serve as a dressing for coleslaw, or as a dip for fresh veggies.

*I left out the green pepper because it's gross.
** I used minced garlic from a jar and it worked just fine.

Since this was a new recipe for me, I made a half batch. As I said, it's really good, especially after sitting overnight. I will be using it on slaw for tomorrow's dinner.

We had some snow today. Maybe two inches. Funny I know. And hardly worth mentioning. It didn't stay around long.

Tomorrow I see a new doctor about my shoulder. Me and my MRI images and narrative, hitting the road again. The sucky part is it's a 45 minute drive just to get to his office. My wonderful hubby is taking me.

4 comments:

LearningByReading said...

My Mom used to make that! thanks for helping me find that :)

JustaFewDesigns said...

hI! tHANKS for leaving such a lovely comment on my KITS page! Such compliments make me smile! THANKS!!!! I hope your doing well...
hugs n love
Elsa

CanadianWynn said...

I gave you an award on my blog, one i got from Tracy, but I am a blog-dork and have no idea what to do from here!! lol

Tracy said...

This does sound delish.
Hope you find some answers about your shoulder.
We have heavy fog and some drizzle. Hoping that it melts the snow.