Saturday, May 7, 2011

Little Snapper

This photo was taken in 1994. Jacob was a month old and Grandma flew up to meet him. He is her first grandchild. And so much like her, in so many ways.
This photo was taken in 2009. My mother is such a lady. As children my sister and I would stand outside the bathroom, and wait to hear any unusual noises. We always said she was a saint, but if she passed gas, that made her more human in our eyes. Needless to say she didn't appreciate the audience.

For a while we called her "Little Snapper." She is a tiny thing, but her presence is enormous. You just don't mess with the Little Snapper. But one day she informed me that Snapper was a euphemism for a certain part of the female anatomy, and she would prefer if I not refer to her that way again. Of course I never meant the term in the anatomical sense. It was a sad day when I had to retire the "Little Snapper."

I am so thankful she is here with us, and that God wasn't quite ready to take her home.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ohhh you are so funny. Waiting to hear your mom in the bathroom. We would just walk in on my mom,lol.
As for the Little Snapper nick name, yup don't blame her I wouldn't want it either, but love that you and your sister came up with it.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day :)