Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Two Homecomings & a Mini Album

My dear Momma went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2011. She was in her own home, which was her wish. I was in the apartment with her. He took her peacefully and quietly. I am happy for her, but will struggle with my own sadness for quite some time. Amazing how we are given both the traits of nobility and selfishness, and how strongly this combination shines during a period of loss.

My mother was all about the Lord's business, and with His help, her work will continue. See Momma, I was paying attention!

I returned home on June 17th. It was a bit of a battle, making sure her wishes were known and respected. So physically I am worn out, but spiritually I saw first hand what the body of Christ truly means, and how God can empower you to do things beyond your wildest imagination. I will share more of that in the weeks to come.

I was able to create a little sumpin' sumpin' (hey Kathryn!) before I left. This mini is for McKenna, my son's girlfriend. I call her Pixie Girl. She is adorable, and so good for Jacob. The book was a birthday gift, and was created with Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime papers. Inside each "page" are little tiny file folders.








Such a fun book to put together, and my first using the Big Shot machine I received from hubby for Christmas. I will be making more of these :).

2 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

I had to delete my other comment, because I was looking at the photo album and didn't realize the news about your mother was in this same post, so it sounded lousy and callous for me to just compliment the album. It IS a beautiful, beautiful album though. And I expressed my condolences on your most recent post. I wish I had something better or more comforting to say, but unfortunately that was my best. I did mention on my deleted comment that I was just stopping by from Tracy's blog.