Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Downtown and a Tattoo


My son and I went to downtown Vancouver tonight, to a place called Hopeless Tattoo.  Yeah, I know.  Hopeless Tattoo.  It has been Jacob's wish for several years to have a tattoo done.  It's a cross, a very pretty one.  And there are some words too.  He will be 18 on September 4th.  We went to meet with the artist and get all the details.  Turns out the artist, Drew, was off tonight.  Jacob will go back on Friday to meet with him and put down the $60.00 deposit needed to make the appointment.

The tattoo will be my birthday present to him.  My husband does not approve, but has allowed me to to do this.  My late mother didn't approve either.  It's been the subject of much debate.  As for me, I am happy to be a small part of this tattoo.  An outward sign of Jacob's faith and determination to live a life pleasing to God.

As we walked along the sidewalk we came upon this wonderful piece of chalk art.  Good advice that bears repeating.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I think to be yourself you need to listen to yourself and do what you think is right for you. Good for Jacob for standing up for what he believes.
I love that sidewalk photo