Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WKRP in Orange County......

Remember the show?  And the theme song?  "Baby if you've ever wondered, wondered whatever became of me.  I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati, Cincinnati WKRP."

A few months back I reached out to someone from my past.  When I say past, I mean PAST, like 30 years ago.  Last time we saw each other my son was six months old.  He is almost 19 now.  I have many wonderful memories of this person.  I wanted to hear how his life had played out.  Did he ever remarry, did he ever have kids, did he ever think of me?

Yes this person was a radio personality.  I don't know much about the world of radio DJ's, except it's a cruel industry and people never stay in one place for very long.  I also know they guard their identity and privacy with the same zeal a Secret Service agent does.  Always looking behind them, thinking some crazed fan is going to appear.  Please.

Bottom line: I was ignored.  I thought about pulling a Fatal Attraction Glenn Close card and finding a way to let him know "I will not be ignored."  Problem is, that isn't me.  Never has been.  I am trustworthy and I am discreet.  Guess I got my answer though, and it is what it is.  I'll still hold onto my memories, and always wish him well.

No comments: