Thursday, August 21, 2014

He Gets It

I recently wrote a post called "One Foot Out the Door" concerning my son and his forgetfulness of "the rules."  He doesn't read my blog (big surprise there....lol) so today's phone call from him was completely innocent and not meant to score brownie points:

Him:  I'm just calling to let you know I have one more call to do (he works in merchandising) and then I'm going to see Pastor Chris, to fix his computer at 5:30.

Me:  Okay, thank you for letting me know.

Him:  I just wanted to you know because I didn't want you to plan something special for dinner and then I didn't show up.

Me:  Is Pastor Chris going to feed you dinner?

Him:  I don't know, but if he doesn't, I'll feed myself when I get home.

Me:  Okay, thank you - love you.

Him:  I don't want you to think that I take anything for granted because I'm not home.  A lot of parents get upset if their kids are never home.

Me:  I understand you never being home.  You're doing what you're supposed to be doing.  You know you have a bed and food and a place to rest and relax, when you need it.  That's our job as parents and as long as you are considerate, as you have been, we're good.

Him:  Thank you Mom, I appreciate that.

He does get it.  And he's a considerate, caring guy the majority of the time.  Fills my mother's heart with pride.

No comments: