Friday, August 15, 2014

No White Gloves Allowed

I made a quick visit to a dear friend's home last night.  She was apologetic because things were not in perfect order.  When it comes to being apologetic about a messy house, I am the QUEEN!  And rightfully so.  I have the most chaotic house of anyone I know.  It isn't right and it certainly is not fair to my husband or son.  But I digress.  

I did not see anything out of place at her house.  I only saw HER, and her sweet and funny husband.  I wasn't looking for dust or prints on the fridge.  If someone is your friend, they come to see you, not to inspect your house.  Anyone who knows me knows how I struggle to contain my creative messes.  They also know there is so much more to me than what meets the eye.  

Driving home I was thinking how sad it is that we worry about what our friends think of our housekeeping skills.  Because, if the friend isn't worrying, why should we?  We all lead hectic lives, but what's wrong with grabbing a pizza or some sandwiches at Subway and just hanging out together?  Let the dust bunnies fall where they may.

No comments: